Friday, May 9, 2014

A Week Spent Nursing: 1

Nursing makes me so incredibly tired. I know it’s the prolactin mixed with the peaceful moment on a (usually) comfy chair, although it probably doesn’t help matters much that I rarely sleep past 6:45 anymore unless we wake up at 3am.
I wish I could say that I spend all of our nursing moments gazing into my kiddo’s eyes and singing him lullabyes, but the honest truth is that I have to distract myself while I nurse. I sometimes play with him, even though that risks a giggle-related biting accident, and if we’re out-and-about I’ll re-cap what we’ve done so far and tell him about the rest of our plans for the day… but I usually use that time to read. Once in a great while I’ll watch part of a DVD too. If the book I’m reading, or at least whatever passage I’m on, is child-appropriate, I usually read it out loud. 
I thought it might be fun to collect nursing moments each week. They’re a lot shorter and a lot fewer now that we’re past the one-year mark and eating more solids, but they’re still there and they’re still fun… so here ya go!
Nursing1
[I’m a fast reader and I love to read so I seem to average a book or two each week here lately. This week I read The Duggars: 20 and Counting (The Duggars are our new guilty pleasure. My husband and I can’t get enough of them and he’s even reading the book now too for their business and home information)//We spend a lot of our days on our patio or playing in the grass // The Violets of March… I’ve been meaning to read this book for so long and I’m definitely glad I did! It’s a really great book that juxtaposes a love story from the 1940s with a modern love story but isn’t too heavy on the romance.]
*I used Amazon Affiliates links for these books. I’ll be using Affiliates links often here because eventually the some-odd cents I make from a “sale” adds up to be enough for a gallon of gas. Every penny counts, right?

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday I saw the 20 and Counting was on instant Netflix and that there are 10 seasons…I'm in heaven! haha I can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TEN seasons!?! That's such great news ha ha. There's another book too! I already checked it out from our library but wanted to give myself a little bit more time between them.

      Delete