Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother’s Day

This was my second Mother’s Day and it was so lovely.

I didn’t change a single diaper all day. Pure bliss. I would be appreciative no matter what, but I’m especially appreciative since we use cloth diapers now and my sweet husband wasn’t really even on board in the beginning.

Ryan changed the first diaper of the day while I went into the bathroom to curl my hair for church. After a few minutes my favorite little man came waddling in and handed me an Almond Joy. The sweetest! We had breakfast at our favorite cute little 50s diner, had to skip church because it was naptime (unfortunately this has been happening most Sundays here lately, but we love our church too much to find one with a different service time), so came home to put the baby to sleep. Ryan and I played Scattegories and then Ryan did the dishes while I tidied up our bedroom.

Once Little Bear woke up we all ate lunch and we called our own mamas, then we went out again to play at the park and spend a lovely afternoon at Barnes & Noble.

IMG_2520

I love to browse the “momoirs” and Mother’s Day was of course no exception. I found a few mom’s devotionals I was interested in and a handful of momoirs I’d like to read some time too.

Do you have any good parent books to recommend? I’m always interested in new ones!

4 comments:

  1. I really love books on child brain development. I think experiences and what the child remembers is so fascinating! I think back on my own childhood and the weird things I remember from the time I was 2 years old or so, and it really makes me want to be the best I can be for Arlo at this time. All that to say - I love reading about WHY the brain does what it does and why it files things away and how it plays a role in their development. But I can't think of any of the books I've read on it now. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those too, so definitely let me know if you think of any! One I read recently was Brain Rules for Baby. I got it in our Bluum box and really loved it. I feel the same way, definitely want to do the best I can for the right reasons. It seems impossible sometimes but I always keep trying =]

      Delete
  2. His hair is getting so long! So glad to hear you had a great Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually cut it this weekend... so weird! It throws me off every time I look at him ha ha. It looks very cute but I miss his mad scientist look too!

      Delete