Saturday, May 31, 2014

This Week’s Nursing Adventures

Good morning! This week ended up being a really fun one. Ryan was off Monday so we checked out a new-to-us trail in our town, Thursday evening I got to meet a new friend through I program I'm volunteering with, and yesterday the boy and I had a park day with another friend before we got all ready for some fun times with some of Ryan's family this weekend.
Do anything exciting this week?
Nursing4
Waiting for a friend to meet up with us for a lovely afternoon stroll on a nearby trail// family park/river adventure// vacation planning in the mother's lounge at our library// lounging poolside and devouring Left Behind. I know this book came out a thousand years ago. I read several of the kids' versions in (I think) middle school and really liked them, but then I kind of grew out of them but wasn't quite interested in the long adult versions. I've been meaning to check them out for a few years now but never got around to it. Now that I've read this first one though, I'm definitely hooked and can't wait to read the next one. If you aren't familiar with the series, it's an "end-times" novel which I'm always fond of, but this series focuses on the actual Biblical descriptions of the endtimes. Fascinating stuff, at least to me. I've always been very interested in religion and spirituality, even outside of my own, so things like this are often pretty appealing to me.
*I used Amazon Affiliates links for these links. I’ll be using Affiliates links often here because eventually the some-odd cents I make from a “sale” adds up to be enough for a gallon of gas. Every penny counts, right?

2 comments:

  1. I read all the children's Left Behind and may have read an adult one, but now I totally want to read it! I just started Game of Thrones finally, so we'll see how long those take me. So jealous of the pool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard so much about Game of Thrones. I'll get to that one eventually... definitely let me know what YOU think of it because I always seem to like the same books you like. =]

      Delete