Sunday, August 24, 2014

Today

I found something similar to this on a very old Camp Patton post and I thought I’d do one of my own.

IMG_2631
(He had five different blankets to choose from but INSISTED on using my apron [made by my grandma], which is one of his current favorite items in this house) 

Today I am…
Making: baby clothes!
Cooking: A kind of potato soup-zuppa hybrid for the baby and I to have as lunch for a few days. (finely diced potatoes, minced garlic, finely chopped celery and onion, chopped kale and spinach, all cooked in vegetable broth and melted goat cheese (cream cheese consistency) and seasoned to taste)
Reading: Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth, still. It’s good and I like it but it’s taking me forever to read for some reason. I’ve also been reading a little Stephen King which is always terrifying to me… but he’s such a great writer, I can’t help it.
Playing: with wooden trains and a our big yellow ball.
Wishing: That I could drive myself around! There are so many things I want to explore but I have to wait until Ryan is free every-other-weekend!
Waiting: for my kiddo to wake up! I am feeling pretty good at the moment so I’m hoping he’ll be interested in a stroller walk over to the park!
Listening: to lots of 50s and 60s hits. My kid is a die-hard boy band fan but I’m slowly acclimating him to other music styles too.
Wearing: a sweater! A light one, to be fair, but a sweater... either the weather is cooling off or my hormones are out of whack... probably the latter ;]
Feeling: Flutters and tumbles and mini kicks, the best!
What are you up to today?
 
Also, as you know, we don’t have Internet at home. So this “today” was actually done three days ago. ;]

*I used Amazon Affiliates links for some of these links. I’ll be using Affiliates links often here because eventually the some-odd cents I make from a “sale” adds up to be enough for a gallon of gas. Every penny counts, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment