Sunday, September 21, 2014

Autumn Bucket List

Autumn is officially here on the 23rd. Autumn is our favorite season.

I always like making our seasonal bucket lists but the autumn list always tends to be the most exciting to me. We completed about half of the items on our summer bucket list this year, a personal low, but I definitely hope to complete all of the items on the autumn list together.

AutumnBucketList

Most of our list this time around is pretty self-explanatory. I plan to make our costumes so cheap using ThredUp, local thrift stores, borrowed items and items we already have on-hand.

I am not a big fan of the way blue jeans feel so leggings are my favorite. I don’t like my bottom showing though, so I tend to mostly just wear them with tunics. I’ve been wanting to longer tunic-length vest to wear over leggings with a plain long-sleeved shirt so I really like the hooded vast pattern in one of my loom knitting books. I have so many other projects going on right now though, I’m not sure I’ll make that one.

I’ll likely making the pumpkin bread using the variation on this paleo banana bread recipe (I’ve made the banana and pumpkin versions as muffins many times, very yummy).

We sponsor a young man through Compassion, which I highly recommend. You can really make a huge difference in a child’s life for less than $40 per month. All you have to do is eat at home for one more night and give up a Starbucks trip or two a month for that price. Unfortunately we’re not able to send him much since everything has to be flat and paper-quality where he lives, in Uganda, so I’m going to have the little guy make him a bookmark and we’ll also send a few photos. I hope to be able to think of SOMETHING else soon (Any ideas?). I’ve been wanting to find a Uganda missionary who might be willing to take a new pair of shoes and a few other important gifts on their next trip to the country, but so far I’ve come up with nothing. The few people I’ve talked to who were able to help out were going to be on the other side of the country, working with a group for a very short time and unable to leave to find him, etc. So if you know someone heading to Uganda soon, send ‘em my way.

I’m not sure yet where we’ll volunteer. We were doing a lot more volunteer work for a while but moving and pregnancy have really made me lazy in this area and I definitely don’t like that. I have pretty terrible animal allergies, but our kiddo absolutely loves animals of all kinds so I’m thinking I might just suck it up for a day and see what we can do at a zoo, animal shelter, etc.

Do you have an autumn bucket list of your own? Any shared goals?

2 comments:

  1. We're heading to the pumpkin patch on Friday and I second the after dinner stroller walks! The perfect way to wind down at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jealous! No idea when we'll get to make it out to the pumpkin patch and it's making me crazy!

      Delete