Friday, November 28, 2014

Links

Ryan's interpretation of pregnancy

Sweet marriage advice via The Happy Wives Club, a sweet post about accepting the fact that our babies grow up, and a sweet post about taking the time to marvel after the second baby.

My friend sent me an infinity scarf and I’m now obsessed. I made myself 1.5 more and was happy to find this picture on Pinterest showing me extra ways to wear them.

We’ve been voting on a location for a big trip with all of our parents next year. It looks like we’re heading somewhere with a cooler climate, but these gorgeous Carribean photos make me wish everybody would re-consider my vote of Florida! Even though I would really just be nursing while shouting “Put that down! Don’t pick things up off the ground!,” I pictured myself lounging on a beach with Ryan and sipping a virgin daquiri.

I really liked this post on healthy kitchen items. We already use cast iron for all of our pans and have been slowly switching our containers from plastic to glass… but the bee’s wrap is new and SO interesting to me!

I use a lot of our free Swagbucks gift cards to get free seasons of 19 Kids and Counting, among other things. We definitely like the Duggars but we’re always most excited when the Bates show up in an episode. When I grow up, I want to look and sound like Erin Bates with her sweet southern accent and poufy hair. Imagine my excitement (actually, don’t… really awkward) when I found out that the Bates are getting a show of their own, Bringing Up Bates!

I read about the term "spirit babies" in the book Baby Catcher a few months ago. This was essentially the idea that a miscarried baby's soul floats around you and your next baby is that same baby's soul in a new body. I asked my friend what she thought and she said that she believed each little soul was its own entity, but that the first baby might go on to watch over the next baby, help it along, etc. This sweet  Facebook photo definitely supports the second idea and gave me chills the moment I saw it. 

I’m not a huge fan of kettle corn or other sweet popcorn. I like my popcorn salty and buttery. This pumpkin spice popcorn, however, sounds like it might change my mind... but this pumpkin cheesecake recipe from my favorite healthy eating blog is most definitely at the top of our Christmas food list.

A few crafty links: a nap mat I want to copy for next summer’s camping trips, loom knitting baby socks instructions (I have this flower loom so I'm going to try it soon), and the coolest little Star Wars nursery you ever did see.

I'd been searching high and low for a weekly planner that starts on Sundays instead of Mondays AND has enough room for me to write my weekly goals in it. I finally found this Christian planner that starts on Sundays and actually has space for my goals in the margins, even with the inspirational scripture on each page!

Three months is such a magical age, right? I guess so is every age, but sheesh, now I am nostalgic for the little man’s third month and excited for this new baby’s third month and I just can’t control my emotions!

There are two days left to donate to our Christmas cause. We didn’t raise anywhere near the amount we had hoped to raise, but we did still raise something and we’re grateful for that! Thank you so, so much to everyone who has donated and/or prayed about the cause this year. It makes us both feel really happy to be a part of a little community that cares, and it also makes us hopeful that some of our future endeavors will raise even more money and make even more of a difference.

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm going to knit myself an infinity scarf! Didn't even think about the loom until you said that's how you did yours. I've been thinking about one ever since and the different ways to wear them really has be excited now. And helpful for breastfeeding!

    I saw a DIY for the bees wrap a while ago and wanted to try it out but didn't have was. Now I do from the belly butter! you basically just melt the wax over cloth.

    The baby nap mat is way cute, and would be so easy to make into larger sizes as the kids grow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it wasn't a big deal at all! I just need you to tell me if you come up with a prettier way to put it together than just "sewing" the ends together. Mine looks lumpy in that spot!

      That's easy enough, maybe I'll just buy some bee's wax some time! I have cheese cloth, is that what you use?

      That's what I wanted to make for the kiddo for summer camping, but with more padding. I didn't end up doing it so I'll have to come up with something by the time next summer rolls around!

      Delete