Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Love Stories 3

10435916_727250867347075_8442550852137056065_n
In marriage, we ebb and flow like the ocean. We move. We change. But we keep drifting back like the pull of the waves reaching out to the sand. The tides roll in and sometimes storm out. Yet something keeps tugging at us, keeping us from breaking away from the shore. It’s been said a million times before - marriage is hard work. We’ve been together for seven years, married for three. And some days I wonder how the girl who thought she would never get married, let alone have a relationship last more than a year, got this far. It’s amazing how I’ve gotten so used to having someone come home to me each day. It never ceases to amaze me that this one person chose me and continually chooses to love me and accept my flaws. And believe me, I have quite a few. We are both independent individuals. I was always a free spirit. He was used to being on his own. Somehow, someway, we’ve been able to obtain our individualities while coming together as a couple. He is my best friend. He is the love of my life. And in being so, he can frustrate me to no end, to where I feel the heat rise, and like a Saturday morning cartoon, steam exit my ears. But where I am loud and feisty with flailing arms and most times words I wish I had not said, he is the calm. Like the ocean, he somehow always manages to bring me back into myself. Let’s face it - in every relationship there are times where it comes to a head and we second guess how things could ever work. But when it’s right, you just do. My big mouth has gotten me into trouble so many times before. In marriage, I am thankful for it. The best advice I can give to anyone is communication is key. Even if you tend to shout and yell out of instinct! Be honest. Be true to yourself. Respect your partner and no matter how mad you may get, always remember to say “I love you.”

 Jessica resides in New Jersey with her handsome husband and is constantly working on new projects and adventures! Visit her at Living La Vida Holoka for DIY's, recipes and more.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you again for having me be a part of your blog and this series! :)

    ReplyDelete