Saturday, December 20, 2014

Ramble On.

rambleon

Yet again, a bunch of random stuff I wanted to share but couldn’t justify a whole post for!

1. We always lie down with the kiddo at nap/bedtime. He’s taking longer and longer to fall asleep now, which means we either end up getting tired and falling asleep too or spend our whole night in there. Either way, we aren’t getting as much time with each other as we’d like, or I’m not getting as much done around the house as I’d like, plus it makes us wonder how the heck that could possibly work with two kids! Our new tactic is to slowly get him to that place where he will fall asleep on his own even when we aren’t in the room. For now we still have to sit in a nearby chair and read, but he will snuggle his bear (“Brawr!”) and caribou (“Boooo!”) and eventually fall asleep so we’re making progress!

2. I’m currently loom knitting another toddler hat to put in his “something you’ll wear” box for Christmas. As soon as I’m finished though, I’m excited to make a sweet gray baby sweater from this loom knitting book! I have actually decided to make it in a size 24 months though, so that it doesn’t go to waste if I don’t finish it in time! This way both kids can wear it. =]

3. Latest library haul… Welcoming Your Second Baby (for obvious reasons), Snug as a Bug gift sewing since Ryan and I are both very convinced my cousin is having a girl, Soup Night since most solid foods sound revolting to me right now. Have you checked any of these ones out?

4. My Pre-Baby To Do List just keeps growing! It’s already almost twice the size it was in this picture, which was taken earlier today!

5. Excited to start reading The Happiest Baby on the Block. I’ve heard it essentially suggests that babies are very sensitive during the first few months and that we should treat them as though they’re in a “fourth trimester.” Not sure if that’s accurate, but that’s what I’ve heard. I tend to agree with that idea, so I’m excited to see what all I take away (and throw away!) from this one.

6. Photobombing my 33-week belly.
You guys. Seriously. I’m not in any hurry to rush things and I of course want my baby to get as close to 40 weeks as possible… but man, am I getting tired of being pregnant. Everything hurts! Including (and especially) my feelings, for no reason at all. Yesterday, for example, I funeral-cried because Chick Fil A no longer carries my beloved carrot & raisin salad. The kicker is that they haven’t carried it for years and I have in fact known this for years.
Today I felt pretty dizzy and exhausted, but I’m also feeling a little stressed trying to finish up all my Christmas stuff and start taking care of all of the baby stuff on our list. I blame the stress. My abdomen is pretty sore all the time now, and my back is definitely feeling some strain, but I am otherwise feeling pretty decent and am generally quite thankful. Ish. Thankfulish. I try to be positive in most areas of life but I do allow myself to wallow in my own misery a smidge more than usual while pregnant because, well, it’s awful. I apologized to Ryan earlier today for complaining so much to him and he said, “No no no! I totally get it. Kind of. I mean, not at all, I guess, but I’m sure I would hate it.”

Also, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who has taken a few minutes to respond my survey! I need at least 100 responses before I can start compiling data but in just two days I’ve already gotten over 40 so I’m pretty confident I can start compiling within a week or two. If you haven’t yet taken it, please do so here! It only takes 1-3 minutes, is completely anonymous, and asks general questions about marriage/parenting that don’t just apply to those who are married and/or have children. It would really help me out if you’d take it, and also if you’d share it with your (female) family & friends! The more the merrier! =]

And also also, I genuinely can’t believe it’s already almost Christmas. It’s the 20th! When did that happen?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment