Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Limbo

I feel like I'm stuck in limbo right now.


We were making some weekend plans and I had the strangest, most intense feeling that they were a moot point because our baby will be here this weekend.


Maybe it's nothing but a silly feeling and she won't be here until February. But maybe not!

That's the hard part. I keep thinking about all these things I want to do before she comes. I want to finish sewing the two baby dresses I've been working on, finish knitting that little gray sweater. I want to bake more cookies and banana bread, cook a big batch of albondigas and another big batch of sausage with peppers.

36 week belly
I want to spend special one-on-one time with the toddler, take him out for a library trip and lunch. I want a few more at-home dates with my husband before life gets chaotic. I want to rearrange our room, set some things up in the kids' room, start a few other projects.

But then again, I want to meet my daughter. I want to see her face, see if she has white blonde hair like her brother, hear her voice and feel her weight in my arms.


So for now, I'm in limbo. She might take three weeks to get to us. Then again, all these cramps and contractions might get more serious and she might make her debut any day now.




No comments:

Post a Comment