Saturday, March 28, 2015

Letter From Ayingeneye!

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend!

I'm excited to share our first letter from Ayingeneye! The mail takes a while to travel and goes through a translator first so it's always a little delayed. Our other Compassion child lives in Uganda and his letters seem to take 1-2 months to get to us. This letter was written as soon as Ayingeneye found out she would have a sponsor. We of course wrote her a letter right away too but she hadn't received it at the time that she wrote this one and may or may not have it even now!

Box 1: She lives in a village with her family... 58-year-old mother and five sisters ages 22, 19, 17, 11 and 33
Box 2: Favorite colors are pink, blue and purple. Favorite activity is jump rope, favorite food is potatoes, favorite Bible verse is John 3:16, and favorite school subject is E.S.T (any ideas?)
I think it's really neat to see her handwriting and her language.

Box 1: drawing of flower; her dream is to become a teacher
Box 2: "I am doing well and we are doing first term exams and I hope to pass well."
"I wish to know how you and family are doing."
"I wish you God's peace and blessings and again I wish you happy easter."
"Pray for me to pass well exams"
I will be sending Ayingeneye another letter on Friday. If you'd like to send her a letter of your own, or even just a line or two to put into ours, please send it to me at SKBell36 (at) gmail (dot) com. I know she will appreciate it and it makes me really happy to let her know about extra people praying for and/or supporting her!

If you'd like to make a donation you can do so here. We are also happy to accept cash/checks from people we know personally or through people we know personally if you're a friend-of-a-friend! If you can't make a donation or aren't interested at this time, please say a quick prayer for her and her family!

2 comments:

  1. How old is she? Her mom is 58 and has an 11 year old daughter! That is interesting. :) I love seeing the language!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is 13. I always think it's so interesting to see what family trends look like in other countries vs. here!

      Delete