Monday, March 16, 2015

Nap Time Blues

I contracted an unfortunate illness almost two years ago which is known in the most prestigious of medical communities as Nap Time Blues.

SYMPTOMS:
-Occasionally wishing, while you are changing a second diaper and both children are crying, that it was nap time
-Dreading the fact that it will soon be time to head upstairs, home, etc. for nap time
-Bravely and fearlessly battling the dreaded car nap
-Doing whatever you can to keep one child awake or to get one child more tired so that naps will overlap for even 15 minutes.
-Constantly thinking about ways you can make life simpler for everyone at nap time
-Missing your babies because they're asleep during nap time

TREATMENT:
-Mint chocolate tea
-A good book
-A ten-minute writing session while The Drifters serenade in the background

I tell myself I'll be cured within five to seven years. Only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. I think I have the same condition as you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should start a support group! ;)

      Delete