Monday, March 30, 2015

Perfect.

These are my favorite kind of days.

Everything about this day. It was cloudy and cool. Ryan said something mushy before he walked out the door. My toddler had a healthy lunch and asked for seconds only of his fruits and vegetables. Naps came easy and overlapped for almost 40 minutes so I got to read and write and clean the kitchen counters. 

I nursed in a blanket fort, got the tiniest hint of a smile, got to hear that contented sigh sound I love so much. 

Today, I was number one. Most days he loves daddy best but today he just wanted me. He wanted to hold my hand, to kiss my cheeks and my nose, to listen to me read book after book. 

Dinner was actually ready when Ryan got home and one of our favorite songs came on the radio so we had a family dance party in the kitchen. The babies were extra snuggly and fell asleep right on time so Ryan and I got to hold hands and whisper in the dark about our current hopes and dreams. 

Today was my fourth PERFECT PARENTING DAY

I've been a mother for 701 days. Some days have been rough and most have been good-to-great. 

Four have been totally and completely perfect. I'll take it.

4 comments:

  1. This does sound like a completely wonderful day. I hope there are many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great that you are writing them down!! It'll be handy to look back on them and realize they actually happen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, maybe Ishould devote a special book just to perfect days!

      Delete