Saturday, May 30, 2015

I've Nursed Everywhere

Lest you think I have entirely too much time on my hands, I’d like to remind you that I nursed my first baby for 19 months and have now been nursing this one for almost four months. Strange lyrics to this song have been worming their way into my brain for nearly two years now and I finally finished putting them all together today at nap time. And now I’m making Ryan go out and hit publish so you can all enjoy them tonight. Here you go:


I've nursed everywhere, man
I've nursed everywhere, man
In the WalMart parking lot, man
in a tent out in the woods, man
Of nursin' I've had my share, man
I've nursed everywhere.

Nursed in Utah, Idaho, Wisconsin, Wyoming
at the lake, so far out my cell phone was roaming,
Chick Fil A, Chilis, my local library
on a couch next to my aunt's husband Kerry
in a booth at McDonald's while my husband drank coffee
Yellowstone, the Tetons, sure love my Boppy

I've nursed everywhere, man
I've nursed everywhere, man
Buses, planes and trains, man
Super 8s across this land, man
Of nursin' I've had my share, man
I've nursed everywhere.

At a Dunn Bros Coffee in St. Cloud, Minnesota
in an airport chair out in Phoenix, Arizona
at the laundr-o-mat, at Dillards, while making dinner
The Babies R Us mother's room's my favorite, it's a winner
pumpkin patch, state fair, while eating birthday cake
Bear Lake, Salt Lake, Jenny Lake, for Pete's sake

I've nursed everywhere, man
I've nursed everywhere, man
in my bed at 3am, man
in a hundred fitting rooms, man
of nursin' I've had my share, man
I've nursed everywhere.

In a truck, in a backseat, along the Mississippi
by business men, other moms, my grandpa, dirty hippies
fabric stores, a funeral, a rest stop near Bozeman
Boise, Flagstaff, Duluth and Spokane
Barnes & Noble, Starbucks, Good Food Store of Missoula
family's living rooms, see what I mean, sir?

I've nursed everywhere, man
I've nursed everywhere, man
in Ogden's Quilted Bear, man
my trusty rocking chair, man
Of nursing I've had my share, man
I've nursed everywhere.

Everywhere.

Except for the bathroom. Have never, will never.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha this is too funny! I have definitely nursed in the bathroom because I REALLY had to pee and when I tried to unlatch her she freaked out. So to the toilet with me she went... BUT, that was at home, not a public one. No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I think that's different and forgiveable!

      Delete