Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Five

In two days Ryan and I will be celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary. In some ways I can’t believe it’s already been five years, but then I’ll think about all that we’ve done and accomplished and I can’t believe it’s ONLY been five years.



In five years we have lived in seven different towns. We have had 11 different vehicles registered in our names, some which we owned and some which Ryan flipped. We have lived in one condo, one townhouse, one vintage motorhome, one travel trailer, two apartments and a house. We have seen 15 different states. We’ve experienced two pregnancies, held hands through two births, fallen madly in love with two beautiful little children. We have made a life and settled down and figured out what our biggest long-term goals are.



We have learned how to fight fairly and how to speak to each other respectfully. We’ve figured out what works best for us is a flexible routine filled with surprises. We’re each other’s best friend.



I photographed a wedding in high school where the bride’s father shared something he had heard at another wedding long before that one, “May you someday look back on your wedding day and realize it was the day you loved each other the least.”

That has always resonated with me and I always share the same quote when I sign a card before someone’s wedding.



Every year I smile and remind Ryan of that quote. And now here I am thinking about it again and thinking, yup, definitely still true. The love I felt for Ryan on our wedding day was nothing compared to the love I feel for him today. I can’t even begin to imagine what that love will look like on our tenth, 20th, 50th wedding anniversary. In the same moment I want to go back and re-feel what it felt like to fall head-over-heels for him and see what it'll be like to hold wrinkled hands and also experience this beautiful right now. <3


Be sure to stop by on Friday to check out a fun giveaway. =] 

4 comments:

  1. That is definitely a lot to have down in the books for just a five year period of time! Happy Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you two!! Such a wonderful accomplishment. I really love that quote, it is so true. Also, I now feel like Vince and I have done nothing with our lives compared to you two. hahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you guys have done plenty yourself! Brake Less, at a bare minimum!

      Delete