Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Lately

Lately nursing has been going just wonderfully. I also seem to be able to get by with eating a little bit of broccoli again, though no tomatoes yet. Broccoli is one of my absolute favorites so it has been very much missed. I’m also trying to figure out how to make a good nursing shirt. This is my favorite kind of nursing tank top. The traditional clip kind just doesn’t really work for me but these pull-down tanks work fine for busty women. I wear them with a skirt and a cardigan, under low-cut dresses, with a pair of pajama pants. They’re a main staple in my wardrobe right now and I’d really like more but I just can’t justify the price. So now I’m trying to figure out how to make this same kind of neckline and create a few for myself.

It seems like naps are on a sliding scale around here, and lately they’ve been pretty decent. The baby seems to be attempting to transition into two longer naps each day. It does make the late afternoon/evening a little rough for us all but if that’s what she needs right now then that’s what she needs! The toddler naps every day from 1:30 to about 3:30. The baby does a 9:30 or 10am nap and then another one around 12:30 or 1. So I’m getting 15-45 minutes to myself again, very nice.
Sometimes I have to smile when I think about what my schedule each day used to look like. At one point it was really crazy between working and going to school full-time. Then I just worked full-time but I had no real obligations after work and my days off were completely free. When I was pregnant I would spend 1-2 hours every day writing, do some chores, and then spend the afternoon reading or walking around downtown or whatever I wanted to do until dinnertime. That seems like a million years ago now, and it’s strange to think that someday these babies will be all grown up and out of the house and then we’ll have more time than we know what to do with.

I can't believe how big he has gotten in just one year!! 
These terrible twos are just killing me, y’all. I’ll get really nostalgic one minute for my sweet baby boy and then I’ll realize that I don’t actually want that time back after all because that would require giving up my little girl and all of his fun new things… like when he sat down on the couch and asked us both to come sit “heaw” with him while patting the couch. So we did, and then he said “LAP!” to Ryan before jumping up into his lap. I wouldn’t want to trade that. But still, I wish things felt as peaceful as they did this time last year, when he was happy just to toddle around next to us and he rarely cried unless he was hurt. Sometimes I just miss feeling like he was for sure happy. Now it seems like he’s angry or upset way too often. I know it’s normal but it doesn’t make it any easier.

Other things I’ve been up to lately: Jogging // working hard on our business listing children’sbooks by their characters’ names // planning an upcoming travel adventure // reading Lose Your Mummy Tummy and a youngadult book I’ve had on my shelf for a bit too long// anticipating a visit from my grandparents on their big RVing trip

1 comment:

  1. Devin's naps are shifting around too, and it's difficult! it's like it happened overnight, and I'm having a hard time adjusting haha I can't wait until I'm done with school so that I can somehow have more time even though I'll be working! It'll be nice to be at home and not having to worry about getting homework done.

    ReplyDelete