Thursday, June 11, 2015

Summer 2015

Sometimes I make a cutesy graphic to put up as my desktop background. But now I have two kids and ain’t nobody got time for that.
So here you go... my goals for summer 2015



Swim a lot. Make healthy-ish fruit juice popsicles. Don’t act frustrated when child and everything he touches are consequently stained red. Complete the library’s summer reading program. Save money by hanging a damp sheet over an open window. Make and mail a care package to someone we love. Take a few senior portraits. Play board games in the backyard with my husband. Get one of those cheap kiddie pools and a toy boat. Make sleep shorts for the boy and a skirt for myself. 

How about you? Any fun summer goals? 

6 comments:

  1. I just took some fresh pineapple and mulched it to smitherines (is that really a word?), and then I poured it into a plastic container and froze it until it was slushy, then I ate it with a spoon. mmmm. It's not a popsicle, but it was still de-lish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so goooood! I like to make shish kabobs with pineapple and then I serve pineapple during the week so we don't waste it. I guess I just figured out a new way to serve it next time I make the shish kabobs!! =D

      Delete
  2. Making fruit popsicles is definitely on my list! I also want to make smoothie bowls to increase my fruit intake. I just really want to enjoy the weather before Summer disappears all over again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, smoothie bowls are such a great idea!! I will call them "YUMMY FRUITY ICE CREAM!!!" and see what kind of response I get. ;]

      Delete
  3. My favorite popsicles are to freeze raspberry or strawberry lemonade (I forget what brand it is, but it's the organic ones that aren't crazy expensive and New Fro). Or grape! So good.

    The other day Vince and I were walking around downtown with Devin in the stroller and I had a light blanket over her legs since she was wearing shorts and the sun was on her. I figured she would be too hot since it was like 90 degrees, so I poured some water over the blanket and hung it from the bar that her carseat can clip on to (she doesn't use the carseat in it anymore) and it worked perfectly!! Her legs were actually freezing when I took her out and I felt bad haha Then I told Vince you said the pioneers did that and he was like, "Um ya, I knew that. You didn't?' Jerk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound so good! I love pink lemonade so I'll have to do that soon.

      That's great to know, I will definitely keep blankets in the diaper bag now for when we're out and it's hot!
      You should have said something like, "Well exCUSE me for not having been alive when the pioneers were like you!" That would have shut him up. ;]

      Delete