Saturday, July 11, 2015

All I Want...

All I really want is to rock these babies with a children’s Bible songs CD playing softly in the background.

All I really want is to spend a day picnicking and hiking around in the woods as a family.

All I really want is to leave hotel trashcans on the floor and to always cook on the front burner, with the handle out so I can move it around easier.

All I really want is to tickle their bellies and bottle up the sound of them both belly-laughing at the same time.

All I really want is a brownie, and to not share it. I want to enjoy every bite of it for myself without feeling either guilty for not sharing it or guilty for putting sugar and possible GMOs in my kid.

All I really want is eight uninterrupted hours of sleep. Not five, not six, not even seven. Eight.

All I really want is to park myself on the living room floor all day. I just want to read story after story, quote the Curious George movie together, roll trains and trucks around, make stuffed animals drink from my water bottle with a loud slurp sound.

All I really want is a good cushion so my poor tailbone can handle sitting on the living room floor a little longer.

All I really want is the ability to go back in time and re-experience a moment any time I want to without losing any time here and now.


All I really want is everything. All I really want is to both have and eat my (gluten free) cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment